Wednesday 2 December 2020

2020! Hell of a year!

 I know that this blog has died and found its way into a fiery pit in hell; but I am indeed still here. I've popped in a few times since this blog was last active, seven years ago, I do believe. Anywho, I was talking to a friend earlier and they mentioned that they sometimes wrote in a blog and it reminded me that this dinosaur of a blog still existed.

So, with the fresh reminder of my past as a blogger, I naturally did what any person would do. I found this badboy and decided to look through some of my rather embarrassing photo's of me as a teenager. Some would probably burn the proof of those awkward years, but I believe in maintaining a certain level of humility.

If you lose your ability to laugh at yourself then you lose your ability to love yourself. I also must admit that I really do miss many of the articles of clothing in these posts, almost all of them have found their way into a donation bin at this point. I also love going back through and looking at my old music recommendations.

I really did find myself listening to some great tunes back then. Some have stayed with me and others have faded away only to be found anew. I have discovered more great music and I have also grown much as a person in more than just music and fashion.

The years that I wrote in this blog were some of the lowest years of my life. This blog hit rock bottom at the same time I myself did. People say that when you hit the bottom that you can only go up from there. I have found this to be true, but I have also found that lifting yourself off the ground does not mean that you will not fall back down again.

I know I'm probably rambling and all, but taking a look at this blog which in many ways was sort of like a diary. I really did put a lot of myself into these posts. I used them to vent, to seek validation, and to connect with others.

When you are met with so many memories of the past I think you can't help but compare your life then to what it is now. I can say that I have had rough patches and good patches in life, but overall, I have become a much more confident person as I've grown.

I have learned more compassion than I ever thought possible, I learned that it isn't only others you need to show compassion to but also yourself. There are many other things I have learned growing up but I do fear that I have likely already made this post far longer than most people would care for reading so I will cut things off here.

I just moments ago saved many pictures of myself from 2014 up to present day and hope to make posts over the next few days sharing my life with anyone that stumbles across this blog.

I think it only fair that I start off with my most recent of photos. From there who knows what I'll do, maybe I will start from oldest to newest or maybe I will pick randomly and share bits and pieces of the wild ride I've been on since reaching adulthood.

So without further ado, I leave you with pictures from a little under a week ago. These were taken the same day that I cut and coloured my hair. 




So, this is me, now at 26. Rocking a completely DIY haircut and colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog!

 I sort of feel like I am talking to myself over hear and this blog contains things that I don't really want to share with friends and f...