Thursday 3 December 2020

Story Time! Early 2014-2015



 So, as promised in my last post, I am going to share a bit of my life from the seven years since I was last active. I'm sure I have no viewers left but that is hardly going to stop me! This photo here was taken probably about a month into 2014.

I left school in December of 2013 due to personal reason, this was also the time in which I abandoned this blog. Anyway, I took a bit of time for self-reflection before finally feeling stable enough to enter the workforce. It was nothing fancy, simply working the front counter at a fast food restaurant.

It was a fast paced job which honestly didn't help my anxiety in any way imaginable. Still, I stuck with it before ultimately deciding that going back to school would be the best route for me. It might seem odd as I had just come back from school a few months prior but this time around I made the decision to stay in my hometown.

This was a great decision as it gave me a support group while attending school; something I hadn't had the first time around.    

At the advice of my mom, I decided to take hairstyling. I will admit that I didn't have any sort of grand moment where I discovered this was my life's calling. It was fun and I did enjoy it. There were others in the class that seemed to live for hairstyling and I envy them, to find something that you love and can profit from is something beautiful.

I did come to genuinely enjoy cutting hair, while I could really leave the colouring and updo's to the others. This posed a bit of a problem because it is a hard thing to find a place that will hire you for just doing haircuts. 

I didn't let this get me down though, I finished school with honours and in high regard with my instructors. I met some great people and I did ultimately find a job within a few weeks of graduating. The job I found ended up being at a men's salon. 

There would be the odd client that would colour their hair but it was far and few between. I did eventually come to love doing short haircuts. I don't mind working with longer hair but working with shorter more 'masculine' cuts was where I found I had real talent.

I will get more into my life after school in later posts. It has been over five years since I graduated from hair school so there is lots more to tell. Instead I will leave you with some photos taken from my time as a student!

The above is probably from somewhere within my last month of schooling and the one below was taken at some point while I was in class, clearly after I had just coloured my hair purple.






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog!

 I sort of feel like I am talking to myself over hear and this blog contains things that I don't really want to share with friends and f...